Find the answer to your question
What is the recommended way to determine payment methods available for a category on a site - GeteBayDetails or GetCategoryFeatures?
Please use GetCategoryFeatures to determine the available payment methods for a site or category. Do not use GeteBayDetails to determine the payment methods for a site. Send in the FeatureID as PaymentMethods to find out about the payment methods that apply for the site. Below is a sample request and response.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
The acceptable payment methods are returned under the SiteDefaults container. When you set a CategoryID value, eBay returns the settings for that category. Note that the settings returned are only those settings that override the defaults for the site.
In the example above the settings for the category match the default settings for the FeatureID and therefore the CategoryID container is not returned in the response.
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- How can I determine which Leaf Categories support the BestOffer feature?
- GeteBayDetails does not return information for certain sites
- Error 2191086 - Sorry, you must accept at least one valid safe payment method
- Sending Return Policy for your listing
- What kind of listing is an item of ListingType.AdType?