Just getting started with the Notification API? See the following documents for details on using this API:
- Buying Integration Guide
- Selling Integration Guide
- Using eBay RESTful APIs
- Notification API Overview
- Notification API Reference
The API release history
The following table lists the releases for the Notification API:
|Summary of Release
Added new error codes to createSubscriptionFilter method
Added one new notification topic: Priority Listing Revision
Added three new methods: createSubscriptionFilter, getSubscriptionFilter, deleteSubscriptionFilter
Added two notification topics: Item Availability and Item Price Revision
Enabled the authorization code grant flow for user-based subscriptions in the subscription resource methods
Added four new resources
Initial release of Version 1.0.0
|The specified subscription topic is not filterable.
|The specified 'filterSchema' value is invalid.
This release adds the following new notification topic:
- PRIORITY_LISTING_REVISION: Developers who are subscribed to this topic receive a push notification when their Priority Listing has been revised.
This release adds three new methods: createSubscriptionFilter, getSubscriptionFilter, and deleteSubscriptionFilter.
- createSubscriptionFilter: This method allows applications to create a filter for a subscription. Filters allow applications to only send notifications when they match a provided criteria.
- getSubscriptionFilter: This method allows applications to retrieve the filter details for the specified subscription filter.
- deleteSubscriptionFilter: This method allows applications to disable an active filter on a subscription.
A new field, filterable, has been added to in the getTopic response to indicate if the topic is filterable or not.
A new field, filterId, has been added to the getSubscription response that holds the id of the filter applied to the subscription.
This release adds two notification topics: ITEM_AVAILABILITY and ITEM_PRICE_REVISION. These topics are currently available only for fixed-price items on the eBay UK marketplace.
- ITEM_AVAILABILITY: Developers who are subscribed to this topic receive a push notification when an item's availability type changes. Availability types include Available, Unavailable, and Temporarily Unavailable.
- ITEM_PRICE_REVISION: Developers who are subscribed to this topic receive a push notification when an item's price changes.
This release adds the following new OAuth authorization code scopes to the subscription resource in order to support user-based subscriptions:
These new scopes enable the creation of user-based subscriptions to notification topics using the authorization code grant flow. When creating user-based subscriptions, the new scopes must be included when the OAuth token is minted.
Similarly, when retrieving subscriptions using the getSubscription or getSubscriptions method, the appropriate scopes must be included in the OAuth token in order to view application-based (using the client credentials grant flow) or user-based (using the authorization code grant flow) subscriptions for a topic.
Tip: See the Notification overview page for more information about how subscription services work.
This release adds the following new resources to the Notification API:
- topic - This resource enables users to browse supported notification topics and retrieve details for those topics.
- config - This resource enables users to create, update, and retrieve alert configuration details.
- destination - This resource enables users to create and manage the destination endpoints that will receive notifications.
- subscription - This resource enables users to create, manage, and test their notification subscriptions.
Tip: See the Notification overview page for more information about how these new methods can be used to manage eBay notification preferences.
This is the initial release of the Notification API, Version 1.0.0. For a list of the new resource and methods, see the Notification API Reference.